Long Island Dog Shows & Festival
May 20, 21 and 22, 2022, 9 AM – 4PM
Planting Fields Arboretum
1395 Planting Fields Road
Oyster Bay, NY
Bring the dogs, the kids and the entire family for a jam-packed day at the Long Island Dog Shows & Festival. This is an event that truly has something for everyone. Sponsored by the Long Island Kennel Club, there will be 3 days filled with activities in a gorgeous botanical setting.
The weekend’s daily activities culminate with the Conformation show judging on all days. Hundreds of superbly presented dogs – coiffed collies, pedicured poodles, dandified Dandie Dinmonts, and other breeds recognized by the American Kennel Club vie for bragging rights as they contend for Best in Show. All are invited to view this parade of pups and cheer on the winner of the coveted ribbon.
The Long Island Dog Festival celebrates all things canine. Highlights include:
• AKC’s My Dog Can Do That (Sunday) – A professional instructor will help your dog navigate tunnels and jumps, just like those high-powered agility dogs on television.
• Canine Good Citizen test (all three days): a program that evaluates dogs in simulated everyday situations in a relaxed, noncompetitive atmosphere.
• Dog Trick Competition (Sunday) – Can your hound give a high five? Can your terrier tap dance? Four-legged friends are invited to strut their stuff in the “My Dog Can Do That” competition.
• Dog Shows: From toys and terriers to herders and hounds, watch these professional pooches strut their stuff. Hosted by the Ladies Kennel Association on Friday and Saturday and the Long Island Kennel Club on Sunday.
• Ask a Breeder: This is your chance to meet local purebred breeders and ask them anything you’ve always wanted to know about your specific breed.
• Kids Zone: On Sunday, a professional face painter will transform little ones into playful pups.
Sunday is also Costume Day at the Long Island Dog Festival. The theme: Long Island Nautical. Prizes will be awarded for the best nautical themed pet costume.
The Sunday Flea Market will offer a huge assortment of new and vintage items for all tastes and budgets.
If you get hungry there are always vendors with tons of delicious goodies for you and your pets.
Admission is $20 per car load which includes all-day access to the Planting Fields Arboretum, a beautifully-preserved Gold Coast mansion and gardens.
For general information about the show, call 516-776-0923 or 631-928-4312, or visit Long Island Dog Shows.