COME SEE DOGS FLY!
LI-DOG Volunteers Needed!
1st Annual “Port Paws” Dog Festival
Saturday, July 23rd – 9 AM to 5 PM
Sunday, July 24th – 9 AM to 5 PM
Joe Erland Baseball Field, Caroline Avenue
Port Jefferson Village
LI-DOG will be there, too! Volunteer to Help LI-DOG.
For the first time ever, the Village of Port Jefferson will be featuring the high flying action of DockDogs®, the independent governing and sanctioning body for dock jumping and dock diving canine performance sports. Examples of the thrilling aquatic events include:
- The Big Air® competition features dogs running down a 40’ dock and diving into a pool of water after an object, in which they are electronically judged for the length of their jump.
- The Extreme Vertical® competition is a “High Jump” for the dogs as they each lunge to snag a “bumper” suspended in the air.
(Please note: Registration to compete is now closed.) The competition is open to all pre-registered teams. Teams are made up of one dog and one handler. Your canine must be 6 months or older to be eligible. Canines of any breed, size or shape are welcomed. Not only is the competition open to all types of canines, but also handlers above the age of 7 are welcomed. They even have a Youth Handler class for those who are between the ages of 7-14.
You must pre-register dogs to compete at DockDogs® Port Paws Dog Festival in Port Jefferson.
In addition to watching the competition, there will also be additional activities for dogs, canine goodies and gear, food trucks, music and more–all within walking distance of dog-friendly Port Jefferson Village.
LI-DOG will be there, too, with a booth! Be part of the fun and volunteer to help LI-DOG!
Volunteer opportunities include:
- Meet-and-greet pet parents and their pups
- Share dog treats with visiting dogs
- Hand out flyers and talk about LI-DOG’s upcoming events
- Help us get ready for the event by setting up the LI-DOG booth
If you’d like to enjoy a few hours with lots of dogs and be part of a fun event, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
General admission is $10 per adult; kids & canines are free!
Proceeds from “Port Paws” Dog Festival benefit the Port Jefferson Harbor Education & Arts Conservancy.
For the latest information: Check out the Port Paws Festival page on Facebook.